Wednesday 3 February 2016

New Year, New Studio!

Well I'm a little late to wish you all a Happy New Year but I hope 2016 will be happy, healthy and prosperous for you. For Helen G Beads there are already some exciting things on the horizon, not least of which is a studio move.

I will still be in the same area as it's just 6 miles from my current location but will be bigger with much better access once a few updates have been made.
The building itself has an interesting history and was built circa 1920 and was the village reading room. We are keeping the original name of the building with the addition of the word "studios" so it will be known as The Old Reading Room Studios. I will be sharing the space with my mum who is an accomplished textile artist and it will be lovely for us to spend more time together.

This is the stage we are at at the moment so there is still a bit to do but I would hope to be working from there in April. I'll try and keep the blog updated with progress.


Other News

The next show on the horizon for me is a Flaming Hot Glass event and The Tartan Trout and I will be at  Sewing For Pleasure at the NEC. Application are coming in fast for the year ahead and as soon as I have confirmation will update the events page on the website but I am hoping to be at the same events as attended last year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment