Monday 8 June 2015

A Busy Few Weeks, And More Ahead!

I seem to have a glut of shows from the end of May until the middle of July this year, the first of which was The International Festival of Glass in Stourbridge. Stourbridge has been a major glass making centre for over 400 years and and the festival brings glass makers and collectors from around the world. Although attendance was a little on the low side, I did reasonably well and had a great time. I went with Sarah from The Tartan Trout and on the Saturday evening we went along to a pub quiz and curry night at The Ruskin Centre. We teamed up with John and Craig of Deacons glass and Elaine Forbes of Weelainy thinking we would be in with a chance as the questions were glass based. We didn't do so well, the questions were a little biased towards Stourbridge, well that was our excuse anyway! We had fun though and the curry was fab.

The 5th to the 7th was The Contemporary Craft Festival in Bovey Tracey, if you like quality craft events then this show is well worth a visit, even if it means a weekend away in Devon! Friday (the 5th) was the private view and then the gates opened at 10am on Saturday to the public. I went with Sarah and we were there as Flaming Hot Glass. For those that don't know, I often share larger events with Sarah which allows us to give customers better attention, offer a more diverse selection of beads and jewellery and of course share the costs involved. This was the first time we were able to demonstrate lampworking at a show and I have to say it went down very well. It was fun but exhausting as it meant we were both on the go all day as the show was very well attended. We thoroughly enjoyed it and are keeping our fingers crossed that they'll have us back next year.
Me in the demo booth.

Our little corner of the show.

Next weekend you will find me at The Axe Vale Festival although I am not in the craft marquee but in the shopping mall that runs along the outside of it. This allows me the space to demonstrate and keeps the health and safety team happier. No Sarah at this one so mum has been roped in to help me. I have a lot of work to do in the run up to it but that's due to good sales at the last event so I can't complain and unless it sells beforehand, the necklace below will be on sale there.



Until next time...

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment