Sunday 5 August 2012

Olympic Sized Beads

Yesterday while planning on making stock for the upcoming 5th Annual Stourbridge Bead Fair on 25th & 26th and Celebrate Glass on the 27th August I ended up going off in a completely different direction. I have a tiny TV in my studio and like the past few days was hooked on watching the Olympics while busy melting glass. My beads got BIG!!

The first was this one which is made using TAG Fire Lotus, a glass I am becoming increasingly fond of.


I made a few others and then just after Katherine Copeland and Sophie Hosking won gold in the lightweight women's double sculls I found myself making this, my favourite of the batch.


And all from someone who thought the Olympics was going to be boring rather than emotional, exciting and inspiring! To give you an idea of the size of these beads here is a group shot in my hand.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Terrific Beads! You posted some shade/blind pulls on July 1. They are tent shape. There's a white with black circles. Can you tell me the dimensions? the price and shipping to 94901 in California? I am having troubling finding an email address or way to see and buy some of the posted beads, Thanks, Mary

    ReplyDelete