Monday 19 April 2010

Flame Off

Last Friday and Saturday was Flame Off 2010. For those of you that don't know, it is a lampworking show with suppliers, bead makers, wonderful demonstrations and loads of bead obsessed people like myself :-D
I spent an absolute fortune on glass, tools and displays......well a girl can never have too much......and couldn't wait to get back into the studio yesterday to use my new goodies and try out some of the many techniques that were demonstrated.

One of my favourites over the weekend was a surface decoration as demoed by Theresa Laliberte of Lavender Creek Glass and below is my attempt. And yes the gold is real gold, 24ct gold leaf infact.




That was the easy one I think! I also attempted a "creature" in the style of Sharon Peter's but won't be subjecting you to a photo of that, instead you can admire her work here

The lovely Lorna Prime Di East and Sabine Little all of whose work I admire were also part of the program. There were also plenty of unofficial demos on the various "have a go" tables dotted around the event. All in all well worth a visit if you are interested in finding out more about the world of lampworking.

One of the new glass colours for me was Multi Colour Dark by a company called Riechenbach and so far I can see me using a lot more of it. The bead below is a sample of the colours you can coax out of it without too much bother.

OK, off to the bead shed for me now, ta ta!






No comments:

Post a Comment