Friday 26 March 2010

A bit of inspiration perhaps?

Hello and Happy Friday!

I can't believe where the time has gone this week. We had some good friends staying with us on Tuesday and Wednesday nights and the time always flies when we get together so that probably has something to do with the speed with which Friday has crept up on me.

Going back a few days to last Sunday, my husband (Mark) and I took the dogs for a walk on Charmouth beach. For those of you that may not know, it is a mecca for fossil collectors and is part of The Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site. Luckily for us it's only about 15 minutes away. The fossil collectors were out in force on this particular occasion, in fact I don't ever recall seeing as many! Once we were safely past the people sat at the cafe having their burgers and any temptation, we let the dogs off the lead. It was Ditto's first beach visit and he was so excited but really quite well behaved too, probably down to my pocket full of his favourite treats.
I find it impossible to walk along a beach without looking down to see what I might find and suddenly something glinted in the sun, I was so chuffed when I picked it up and discovered it was a tiny ammonite made of fools gold or iron pyrite, it actually looks more like bronze. I found a couple more too and have stashed them in the studio as one day I want to make some beads based on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment